Who We Are
One Economy is a global non-profit organization that leverages the power of technology and connects underserved people around the world to vital information that will improve their lives.
We help bring broadband into the homes of low-income people, employ youth to train their community members to use technology effectively, and provide public-purpose media properties that offer a wealth of information on education, jobs, health care and other vital issues.
Our mission is to ensure that every person, regardless of income and location, can maximize the power of technology to improve the quality of his or her life and enter the economic mainstream.
- In 2011, we will connect 100,000 residents living in affordable housing nationwide.
- Working in global communities, we will open a series of community technology centers, the first of which debuted in Durban,South Africa in 2009.
- Digital Connector programs are currently available in 32 cities throughout the United States.
- By years end, nearly 6,000 youth will have given more than 200,000 hours of community service, and more than 160,000 will have been trained by Digital Connectors on using the computer & mobile applications, including One Economy’s online resource, The Beehive.
- Over 5 million people in 2011, have been touched by our online programs & services within fourteen countries on four continents.